Friday, February 22, 2008

That's Amore!

The Big Apple has always been recognized as the home of the best pizza in the country. But nowadays it (unfortunately) seems as if there are as many lousy pizza joints as there are good ones. That being said, whenever I am in the mood for a slice, there is only one spot that really does it for me. This place is none other than Joe’s Pizza at 7 Carmine St.** For years, Joe’s has been pumping out quality slices to the masses. Like any classic NY pizza joint, offerings are limited to the following slices: regular, fresh mozzarella and Sicilian. They offer a number of toppings but truth-be-told these slices need absolutely nothing to make them better, and I never opt for any additional toppings. My personal favorite is the plain old regular slice: atop a thin, crispy crust lies a thin layer of perfectly sweet tomato sauce with just the right amount of cheese sprinkled on. If you haven’t been already I strongly advise to head down to the west village and give Joe’s a try I promise you will not be disappointed.

**For any of our west coast readers, Joe’s has recently opened an outpost in Santa Monica. Now you can get that famous New York flavor all the way in Cali.

2 comments:

The Gluttoness said...

I hit up Joe's around 3:30am this past Saturday night. If I hadn't headed straight to the register, I probably would've been pissed off about the long line--which is why I cut it. I got four hot slices right out of the oven and they were super bomb. I ate two in the cab and used the other two to forever decorate my boyfriend's bedding with grease stains. oops.

Anonymous said...

i think im your only west coast reader!!! i just had 2 slices of joes. personally i like the pepp and sausage pizza with extra tomato sauce. thats what does it for me. best part of living in santa monica is joes!! forget about the beach women and weather. its all about joes!! good choice fishy!! for the new york readers i really think you have to throw lambardis in there. its the oldest brick oven in new york and its unreal!! see you soon buddy.
DL